124 State Street Augusta,
Maine ME 04330
(240) 198 – 3245
Seeking a responsible and challenging position of a Cath Lab Nurse with a view to contribute my knowledge and experience towards providing cardiac services to the patients in a reputed health care organization.
• Over five years of relevant experience in nursing care as a Cath Lab Nurse.
• Working knowledge of life saving measures, valvuloplasties and angioplasties, collecting blood samples and respiratory gases, arranging sterilized instruments, recording hemodynamic and angiographic data, setting up pressure transducers, performing cardiac catheterizations and implanting pacemakers.
• A valid license holder as a Registered Nurse (RN) in multiple states.
• Hold an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
• Impeccable knowledge of operating Philips IntelliVue (MP50 & MP70), Teletronics-Temporary Pacemaker and OXICOM Hemodynamic Study Machine, efficiently.
• Ability to explain medical jargons to patients and guide nursing staff about Cath lab, cardio diagnosis and treatment.
• Profound knowledge of general nursing duties, Catheterization Laboratory, treatment care modalities, Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for Nurses and health care trends.
• Proficient in administering and managing oral and intravenous medications for patients.
• Working knowledge of cardiac catheterizations and angioplasties.
• Strong management, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
Professional Education and Certification:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Maine State Board of Nursing, Maine-USA
Certified LPN-Licensed Practice Nurse
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
Cath Lab Nurse (2007 – present)
Charles A. Dean Memorial Hospital, Greenville, Maine
• Work in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team.
• Assist doctors in calibration of pressure transducers, tubing and recording hemodynamic and angiographic data.
• Responsible for collecting venous and arterial blood samples.
• Provide special care to patients in ICU and Cardiac Care units.
• Maintain records of any behavioral changes among patients.
• Plan, implement and execute nursing care for patients.
Cath Lab Nurse (2006 – 2007)
Redington-Fairview General Hospital, Skowhegan, USA
• Treated cardiac catheterizations while also advising the nursing staff in this particular area.
• Actively involved in providing CPR and defibrillation.
• Made proper observations and maintained records on behavioral changes among patients.
• Responsible for understanding patient’s requirements during cardiac examination.
• Assisted doctors while they implant pacemakers and implantable cardioveter defibrillators.
• Kept a record of hemodynamic and electrical data.
Dr. Celia D’Souza
Charles A. Dean Memorial Hospital